Tired of sending your coffee machine away for repair without knowing when you will get it back? Frustrated by the same breakdown happening over and over again without a proper diagnosis? Or maybe you are concerned to take your machine for service as last repair bill elsewhere was costly?
We've got you covered!
Why Choosing us to Service Your Home / Office Coffee Machine?
- Reliability: we give you 3 months warranty on parts replaced in any repair
- Expertise: We don't compromise or cut corners. Our Service Team is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable teams with Prosumer equipment repair in Australia. Renzo Castillo, our Service Manager, has been repairing espresso machines for over 20 years. We have access to all the spare parts, technical diagrams and know- how needed, as well as a technician in house to troubleshoot and help with any query
- Affordability with no hidden cost: Our charges are fair and transparent. We will not undertake any major repair without your prior consent and we will not add on charges not advertised or communicated beforehand. No surprises!
- Hassle free service: you can enjoy a quick, professional and streamlined repair experience from A-Z while keeping you in the loop all the way
- Friendliness & Care: our Service Supervisor, Technician and Customer Care are all as passionate about meeting excellence in service as much as they are passionate about coffee and will make sure your experience is as pleasant and personal as can be
- Convenience: Open 7 days, long trading hours, plenty parking on site and assistance in carrying your machine in make your coffee machine service experience a breeze
Please read carefully our FAQ before bringing your machine:
Where are you located?
Di Bartoli Coffee is located at 647 Botany Road, Rosebery. Click here for directions and opening hours. Machines drop offs are at our loading zone at rear, from Botany Rd turn left to Cressy St then left again to Emanuel Ln, we are on the left. Buzz the gate for access.
Do I need to book the Service / Repair?
No need to book, just complete this Service Sheet and bring the machine in. Machines are handled on first-best-dress basis with an average turn around time of
7 business days. Please note Di Bartoli warranty breakdowns and interstate machines are eligible for priority service, contact us for more information.
How often should I bring my machine for service?
Frequency vary between technologies, the usage of the machine, frequency of cleaning and whether you use filtered water at home. However on average, we recommend servicing your Prosumer machine every 18th months.
How much does Service / Repair cost?
Click here to view our Technical Services Price List
What do you do in General Service?
Click here to view our Technical Services List
Where can I download the Service Sheet?
What to do BEFORE bringing the machine in?
- Empty the water tank
- Leave handles, drainage tray and the drainage cover at home. Di Bartoli is not liable for any of the above items go missing during repair
- Download the Service Sheet here, complete it and attach to your machine. Please note a completed service Sheet is a condition of entry to the queue. If none is attached upon drop off, you will be asked to complete it in the hub. It is important to tell us exactly what is wrong with your machine. If there is a problem AND it has been over 18 months since last Service, please tick both 'Repair' & 'Service' and elaborate on the problem in details
How long do I have to wait?
We turn around your machine in 7 working days but sometimes we manage to surprise you! In an event that parts are not available and we need to order it in, it may take few days more.
How do I know my machine is ready?
We let you know your machine is ready for a pick up via a text message to your mobile. Please wait 7 days from drop offs prior to contacting us for updates.
Can I pay over the phone before picking up?
Ofcourse. Once you received the text message that your machine is ready, ring us with the reference number in your message and we will process it over the phone for you.
Do you do home repair?
Unfortunately not at this stage. If you have a plumbed in or a heavy machine, give us a call we may be able to refer a local mobile technician to you. We can pick up your coffee machine on Friday and drop it back the following Friday if suits. See above price list for fees and details.
Do you offer pick up and drop off service?
Yes, we pick up and drop off machines on Fridays only, between 9:00am-12:30pm . Note we only cover Sydney East, South, CBD & Inner west. Pick up & drop off is charged at $65 (both ways) and will be added on the repair invoice. Please make sure you have your machine ready for a pick up (no water in tank, no handles, no tray, machine is dry and has cooled down) before the scheduled pick up.
Do you provide repair quotes?
Yes we do. Repair quotes can only be provided when you drop off your machine for diagnosis. Diagnosis fee is $50. Once we provide you with a quote, if you decide to proceed with a repair with us, we will wave this fee from your repair bill's total. If you wish not to proceed, payment for the diagnosis will be required prior to pick up.
What happens if I decide not to proceed with repair and leave the machine with you?
If we've diagnosed your machine but you decided not to proceed with the repair work and leave it with us, you will need to pay $50 Diagnosis Fee and complete a discharge form transforming ownership of your machine to us. All machines needs to be picked up within 2 weeks of repair, after which Di Bartoli will be charging $20 per week stocking fee. Any machine unclaimed in our workshop for over 3 months and all attempts to contact the owner were made unsuccessful, ownership will be automatically transferred to Di Bartoli Coffee.
Can I repair my own machine?
Unless you know what you're doing, or you are a certified technician, you can actually cause more harm to your machine and it's best to leave it to the professionals. However If you are in a remote area with limited access to a technician or if you are mechanically oriented, you can ring us for advice on what spare parts and cleaning products to purchase online, request diagrams and learn how to perform some of the simpler repairs or maintenance work. Check our E61 DYI kit here.
Do you offer same day service if I live interstate?
We will try our very best. Make sure you ring us few days before to see if it can be guaranteed. Please make sure your same day request is on the Service Sheet attached to the machine. If it isn't, same day will not be guaranteed.
Can I courier my machine to you?
Yes, however Di Bartoli will not be held liable to any damage incurred in transit on the way to us. Please note courier service is only authorized for machines packed in their original boxes with plenty of padding material to protect the machine from damage in transit. Ring us for a quote on courier fees back to you.
What brands do we repair?
We sell and repair the following espresso machines brands:
- Di Bartoli
- Gaggia (Only Classic model)
We repair and sell the following grinders brands:
- Anfim (ECA)
We also repair the following brands we don't sell:
- La Scala
- Nuova Era
- Nuova Simonelli
What brands of machines we don't repair?
We don't repair fully automatic machines like:
- De Longhi
- All Gaggia manual models (besides the Gaggia Classic)
What do I need to do between Services to keep my machine in good conditions?
Here are the fundamentals for all single boiler / heat exchange / twin boiler machines:
- Use filtered water rather than normal tap water to minimise lime scale build-up on internals and impact the machine's performance. Click here for our recommended solution. Contact us for best advice for SA, TAS, WA and NT.
- Backflush your machine every fortnight or every 1kg of coffee. Only machines with a release solenoid valve can be backflushed. Contact us if you are not sure about your machine. You will need a powder and a blind filter for backflushing.
- Clean your grinder every 6 months with grinder cleaner tablets
- Detailed guide for an E61 Heat Exchange preventive cleaning is available here: