Ethiopian Limou GR2 -- greens 1kg | Di Bartoli

Ethiopian Limou GR2 — greens 1kg

1 Review


Product Specifications


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Ethiopia is acknowledged as the birthplace of Arabica coffee and over the centuries has retained a revered place in the social, cultural and economic heart of the country. Today, the country is the world’s 5th largest exporter. Coffee in Ethiopia is predominantly a highland crop growing at elevations between 1100 – 2300 MASL. About 90% of Ethiopian coffee is produced by small holder farmers and remaining 10% by commercial, government and private estates.  

As a rule, only Grade 1 and Grade 2 coffees are washed, Grade 3, 4 and 5 are naturals. Ethiopian beans are often referred to by their bean shape, Longberry and shortberry; based on size as the name suggests and Mocha which are peaberries.  

There are key coffee growing areas in Ethiopia that are associated with coffees. This coffee is from the Harrar region, an area in the eastern part of Ethiopia divided into for sub regions. East Harrar, West Harrar, Bale, and Arsi. The majority of Harrar coffee is sundried with medium acidity, full body and fruity notes. Coffees from East Harrar have very distinctive blueberry notes.

Type: Arabica

Varietals: Heirloom

Process:Natural, Sun-dried

Altitude: 1500-1850 masl

Preparation: Hand picked and sorted

The Ethiopian ET Harrar Grade 4 Longberry ‘East’ is coming out of Ethiopia’s Eastern Highlands, this is one of the worlds oldest coffees still produced commercially. The beans are distinctive by their greenish/yellow colour and almost every process is done by hand. Coffee beans from the Harrar region are categorised by their shape. Large beans are defined as Longberry, smaller beans as Shortberry and Pea berries as Mocha.

The rise of the popularity of Ethiopian coffee by roasters and consumers is being matched by the Ethiopian Governments involvement in the industry to ensure the quality and longevity of the coffee industry. Local consumption in Ethiopia accounts for over half the annual production.
As with most Ethiopian grades, Longberry ‘East’ has the versatility to be used as as both single origin or blend. Very distinctive in an espresso.

In the cup 

Floral, berries, fruit, red wine, syrupy. Good body and aftertaste. 


{{ reviewsTotal }}{{ options.labels.singularReviewCountLabel }}
{{ reviewsTotal }}{{ options.labels.pluralReviewCountLabel }}
{{ options.labels.newReviewButton }}
{{ userData.canReview.message }}

Related Products