Employment Opportunities at the Rosebery Coffee Hub
Events Promoter & Coordinator - Open, last updated 2/6/19
Project Work - Possibility for ongoing part time
We are looking for a Sydney based professional for an Event Promotion and Coordination project leading up to an event on June 13th.
This will involve managing event promotion in various channels, ticket sales, logistic and team coordination on site. Working with our Marketing Manager remotely and in person till June 14th will also provide us the opportunity to see if we are a good fit for ongoing Events and Marketing Assistant work.
The suggested scope is for apprx 8-10 hours per week or less (subject to your experience & speed) with 2 full days prior and on the event's day. You live in Sydney and can have meetings with our Marketing Manager in Rosebery at least once a week with remaining hours can be remotely providing you are available for quick response.
This isn't a job suitable for casuals or tourists. We look for a local resident, who is familiar with the Specialty Coffee culture, who is a coffee snob and has the language and orientation to promote this event successfully with original and relevant content.
If this is of interest, please email Ofra to email@example.com with your CV, and if relevant, I'll forward to the full scope of the work as well as the proposed pay.
Thank you for your time and looking forward hearing from you, Ofra
Customer Support and Orders Management Supervisor - Open
Last updated 02/06/2019
Does the thought of waking up every morning and making people's lives better put a smile on your face? Is problem solving other people's pain something you were born to do? How would you like to talk coffee all day then sit back to watch magic unfolds in people's kitchens?
Our Customer Sales Support and Order Management Supervisor is pivotal to the success of Di Bartoli Coffee. It is the unique customer experience we design in our business that sets us apart from our competitors and without the right person to deliver that experience we simply can't do it!
Barista / Store Manager
Last updated 08/01/2019
You've been in Specialty coffee for few years now, worked with the top of the line equipment brands, you've performed under pressure, mastered latte art, learned how to chat and keep espresso to standards. Perhaps you've dabbled in alternative brewing and liked being in the spotlight sharing your passion and knowledge with the world, but you feel a little stuck and under fulfilled..
Do you wonder if there is anything more to coffee than rosettas? Do you wish making a real difference in people's lives doing what you love?
Our team needs you!
Di Bartoli Specialty Coffee is a perfect place to take your coffee and people passion to the next level. Our retail hub and online arm provide a unique experience for any coffee lover, offering education, training, beans and the right equipment to create delicious coffee at home, work and while traveling.
We need you at the Rosebery Coffee Hub for a full time Mon-Fri 9am - 6pm, Sat 9am-4pm and once a month Sunday instead of Saturday, 9am-4pm.
You need to know coffee intimately, however this role is less about volume and more about your people, IT and retail sales skills.
Here are some of the things we'd like you to manage:
- Espresso Bar operation: coffee making, beans promotion
- Brew Bar operation: coffee making, alternative brew demo, beans promotion
- Manage store supplies and counter display
- Promote store and online specials / programs / services
- Store Sales: coffee beans, coffee makers, accessories and cleaning products
- Meet new members sign ups and store targets
- Receiving / dispatching machines for repair
- Support equipment sales in store with meet & greet, packing and transactions
- Stock control and merchandising: stock count, receiving goods & stock placement
- In-store pricing and stock regular refresh
- Start & EOD procedure, store cleaning, beans replenish
Here is what you will get out of it:
- Apply and develop your coffee making skills including all alternative brewing methods
- Learn all about coffee in a Specialty coffee business
- Learn all about roasting working closely with our roaster
- Change people's lives through coffee education
- Grow your skills in retail merchandising and promotion
- Hone your customer service and sales skills
- Take part in the building of the 'Home Barista' movement
- Surround yourself with like minded people who help you grow
- Be part of a nourishing and supportive team, have your say, make a difference
We'd like you to be:
- An experienced Specialty coffee barista (minimum 2 years), preferably making coffee at home
- A proactive thinker who seeks ways to improve his / hers working environment
- A fast learner, who acts fast, work hard and hold pride of his / her achievement
- Team player, but also able to work unsupervised, act mature and responsible
- Friendly, outgoing, highly responsive and experienced working with the public
- Creative, driven, enthusiast and detailed oriented
- In good health with neat appearance (work involves heavy lifting)
- An Australia temporary or permanent resident or an Australian citizen
You should have the following experience and skills:
- English mother tongue level, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and high standards of customer service
- Comfortable being featured in the media and savvy with Social Media
- Computer literate, experience working with all Windows and Google Applications
Training on software, stock management and product knowledge will be provided. This position is for an IMMEDIATE start, so you'd need to be available to start training with us latest 2 weeks after being notified you are the successful applicant.
Interested? Email your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your experience, skill and relationship with coffee, addressing it to Ofra. Please note applications without detailed and customized Cover Letter will not be reviewed.
Looking forward hearing from you soon,
Ofra - Managing Director