The Tea PID features a terrific upgrade to the already popular Tea Model. The PID Controller and Display allows you to control boiler temperature and aim at a better taste of the coffee brewed at the correct temperature. User error minimised significantly which can contribute to home coffee being more consistent.
What Does the PID Mean on the Isomac Tea PID?
PID Controller, stands for 'proportional-integral-derivative' controller (PID controller) is a control loop feedback mechanism widely used in industrial control systems. A PID controller calculates an error value as the difference between a measured process variable and a desired setpoint. With espresso machines, it is commonly applied to Twin / Multiple boiler espresso machines, and recently starterd to be seen in selected Heat Exchanger models. In a Twin Boiler, the PID Controller can measures both coffee boiler temperature and steam boiler temperature by probes inserted into both boilers, however with a Heat Exchange Technology, coffee temperature is indirectly affected by the PID measuring and controlling boiler temperature. As the water for brewing pass through a sub boiler saturated in the main boiler. This feature is good for those who may take home roasting in the future and will use temerature controlling to affect the result in the cup.
- A E61 Group head design with a thermosyphon system to regulate brewing water temperature
- Heat Exchange technology for simultaneous coffee making and milk steaming
- Upgrade to a Cool-to-touch Steam arm and Hot Water wand
- Newly designed steam/water knobs
- All stainless steel body throughout
- Large drip tray with handle for easy removal and cleaning
- Two gauges on front panel indicates boiler pressure and pump pressure (when pump is engaged)
- Spring activated low water cut-off switch protects the machine when water level in the tank is low
- 1.2 liters boiler
- 1400 watt heating element for continuous steaming power
- Dimension: 27cm (W) x 40cm (H) x 43.50cm (D)
- Weight: 21kg
- Accessories: One/ two cups filter baskets, single / double handle, measuring scoop, and a plastic tamper
- Warranty: One year labour and parts provided by Di Bartoli
- Complimentary 500g Di Bartoli roasted coffee beans and cleaning product
Essentials for Starters - Starter Kit
1.Di Bartoli Professional Tamper
2. 600ml Milk Jug
3. Grindenstain Knock Bin
4. Tamper Mat
If you'd like to take this machine for a 'test drive', we've got it on the bench at our store - drop by whenever we're open, as no appointment is necessary.