The Yirgacheffe Kochere Natural Grade 1 comes from selected farmers in the Kocher, Werda, Beloya and Kebele areas in the Gerdeyo Zone. The loamy soil is rich in nitrogen and slightly acidic helped high humidity and an annual rainfall of 1190 – 1500 mm. The coffee is processed at a dry mill in an area known as Bojiie. It’s owner, Israel Degfa has built a dedicated, enclosed greenhouse like structure so the drying coffee is protected from rain, smoke or other odours.
- Region Gedeyo Zone, SNNPR Region
- Producer Small holder farms in the Kocher, Werda, Beloya, Kebele areas
- Harvest: November - January
- Type: Arabica
- Varietals: Heirloom
- Processing: Natural
- Altitude: 1800 - 2200 MASL
- Prep: Hand picked, sundried
In the cup: Currants, berry, fruity, honey, caramel, subtle citrus & blueberry. An amazing, lovely cup.
Great with all pour over, Cold Brew, Trinity & Filter coffee for this light roast.