COVID-19 and how we keep our team and you safe
March 24th 2020 update highlights:
Business is (almost) as usual, Hub’s front doors are shut from March 24th BUT all services except ad hoc retail & bars are operational to full capacity. We’re moving online!
In the light of the latest NSW Premier announcement of the closing of non-essential services, we are pleased to announce that Di Bartoli Coffee falls under the ‘essential business’ category supplying home delivery of coffee beans, machines and other coffee gear.
Therefore, Di Bartoli Rosebery Coffee hub will remain operational behind close doors, while my team and I are working in extra capacity to meet all our online coffee beans and machines demand.
647 Botany Rd's front doors will shut from March 24th onward temporarily to minimise interaction of our staff with customers and reduce risk of transmission.
This is what it means to you:
Coffee Beans Purchase
NO ACCESS INTO THE HUB, ALL ORDERS TO BE PLACED ONLINE BUT YOU CAN COLLECT FROM STORE'S REAR OR HAVE IT POSTED TO YOU
If you are local and prefer to pickup your beans from us, you can still do that. HOWEVER, all purchases will need to take place online as you will not gain access to the hub or payment facility. Simply order online and choose the ‘pick up from store’ option, then wait for an SMS that your order is ready to be picked up. You can then come to our rear entrance at Emanuel Lane, buzz the gate and we’ll bring your order out to you, while maintaining social distancing.
Otherwise our coffee beans are shipped anywhere in Australia if you choose the 'free shipping' or 'express' option. You get FREE SHIPPING for any order over $30. Free shipping is sent via normal post unless you choose to pay Express. If you haven’t purchased from us before, you can also get 10% off your first purchase if you click here.
Our full beans range is roasted each Monday, with a second top up roasting on a need base.
Espresso Machines Purchase
NO WALK IN ACCESS TO THE HUB, ALL CONSULTANCY MUST BE PRE-BOOKED AND MACHINES ORDERED ONLINE. YOU CAN STILL COLLECT FROM STORE'S REAR ENTRANCE.
Unsure which model is for you? Request a call back here and we’ll help you with your choices over the phone. Once happy with your choice, you’d be guided through your online purchase to get the best value deal online and enjoy safe and free shipping (except to WA, TAS and NT).
Do you still feel like you need to see the machines in flesh before deciding? We can arrange a visit for you BY APPOINTMENT only. Please book your visit here and be ready for our staff to practice social distancing. We also advise this is a view and listen experience only, you will not be able to touch or use any accessories or machines.
If you need a machine for home, we advise you to get in early. While stock level is good for most models, we already sold out on few lines, as expected shortage in supply is advised from our suppliers due to the COVID-19 situation in Italy.
We have moved all our training online. When purchasing a machine from us, you will receive a link to book your in-home training either as a call or as a Skype video session. We are currently developing a video series of ‘Brew like a Pro’ and hoping to release it to you soon as part of our support resources. We also offer you an access to an exclusive like minded Facebook group of machines owners who are ready to support you in your new journey.
Machines / Grinders Drop Offs and Pickups from repair / service
All off-site machines repair or service have been placed on hold till further notice.
Home pick up is only offered for the elderly and the disabled. If you are home isolating, please contact us for further instructions on how to arrange a safe pick up.
All machines dropped off to the hub must:
- Have a service sheet attached to it which you can find here. If you forgot to download the form and bring it with you, we can provide one but you will need to provide your own pen to complete it.
- Be brought to rear entrance at Emanuel lane, entrance from Cressy St. Buzz the gate and we will come and pick up the machine from you, there will be no access to the hub from rear entrance except for authorised personnel
All machines to be picked up, will:
- Receive an SMS when ready. Please do not ring within the 7 days business day turnaround guarantee unless you’ve elected for a priority service
- Be paid over the phone / EFT / PayPal on an invoice prior to pick up. There will be no payment facility available upon collection. If you forgot to pay online ring us on approach, pay over the phone, wait 10 minutes for the payment to be processed and buzz the gate for a pickup.
We are working right now on online booking to streamline the process and make it a dash easier.
Here is what is no longer on offer till further notice:
- Espresso Bar – no more sit down or take away coffee
- Brew Bar – no more coffee from various makers or demonstration
- No one on one or group training
- No coffee gear retail shopping in store – order online and pick up in store (rear)
- No coffee beans ad hoc pick up and payment – order online and pick up in store (rear)
- No cupping events or other educational gigs
- No offsite repair and service. Home machine collection restricted to elderly and disabled
How do we keep safe?
- Our hub is a spacious venue allowing easy social distancing for our small team
- We disinfect all surfaces each night
- We use masks and gloves for all operation including packing the beans
- No more cash or card payments, all is done digitally
- Any employee at risk is asked to work from home
And last but not least, I'd like to thank you for continuing supporting my business and my team. Unlikely so many other hospitality industry businesses, we are lucky to have the capacity of pivoting to the online space and focusing on home delivery. We’re also grateful to have you to support and be supported by.
These are difficult times for all. Let’s stay united and work together to make sure coffee flows uninterrupted, helping us to maintain some normality within the chaos. This too shall pass!
This advice may change as the situation evolve further. Please visit this page often for the latest update or sign up as a member here to receive updates to your inbox.
#coffeeunites #wearebiggerthanthis #communitycometogether
Stay safe and well caffeinated,
Di Bartoli Coffee Managing Director